After 120 Hours
If you are seeking help more than 5 days (120 hours) after the assault took place, you can visit your primary health care provider or a health clinic for medical care.
- If you do not have a provider or don't want them to know about the assault, call the hotline now (843-745-0144) and we will help you find appropriate medical care.
- Preventive treatments for pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections can still be effective.
- PAR advocates can also help connect you to mental health counseling.
You also still have the option to report to the police.
- If you are currently working with the police and have made a report, a PAR advocate can assist with this process.
- If you would like a PAR advocate to go with you to the police station or to court, call the PAR office at 843-577-9882 and a staff member can be there with you.
You can also talk to one of our advocates any time, any day, at 843-745-0144. Sexual assault is a traumatic experience, but know that you can get help. It was not your fault, you are not alone, and we believe you.
See our Ongoing Care page for information on support groups and other supportive services.