People Against Rape (PAR) is an advocacy organization offering support and services for survivors of sexual assault in Charleston, Dorchester, and Berkeley counties of South Carolina. The mission of PAR is to prevent sexual violence and its consequences, and to provide essential services to victims and survivors.
PAR is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Volunteer Services Coordinator – Full-Time
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Janie Lauve, Executive Director
People Against Rape
P.O. Box 1723
Charleston, SC 29402
A cover letter is required and should specifically address your volunteer management experience and your knowledge of or interest in the field of victim advocacy, sexual assault, and/or intimate partner violence.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by close of business on May 5, 2017. Applications received after this date or without a cover letter and three professional references will not be accepted.
Position Title: Volunteer Services Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary: $38,000 - $40,000
Scheduled Hours: Varies, including nights and weekends, as needed. Hours include being on-call as scheduled to assist in case of crisis/emergency.
Summary of Duties: The Volunteer Services Coordinator manages all elements of PAR’s volunteer/ direct services programs including recruitment, training, placement and retention of volunteers and ensuring that all PAR clients receive the highest level of service and support available. This position is also responsible for developing new volunteer and direct services programs as appropriate and maintaining client and volunteer data for grant reporting purposes. Additionally, the Volunteer Services Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all Clients who desire follow-up services are referred to the Follow-Up Coordinator in a complete and timely manner.
· Bachelor’s Degree in social work, sociology, human services, or related field. Master’s degree preferred;
· At least one-year experience recruiting, training, and managing volunteers;
· Demonstrated experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating training programs for volunteers;
· Experience with data collection and volunteer management software;
· Strong oral, written and communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team;
· Demonstrated commitment to serving others with the highest level of sensitivity and compassion;
· Experience in the field of victim advocacy, sexual assault, and/or intimate partner violence is preferred;
· A passion for social justice and a commitment to ending sexual violence.
· Recruit, train and manage diverse groups of volunteer advocates in compliance with required grant and industry standards;
· The willingness and ability to work directly with victims of sexual assault;
· Maintain logistics of the on call schedule for the 24-hour crisis hotline, to be manned by volunteer advocates and participate in the on call schedule as a member of the Crisis Team;
· Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed and be on call in the event of a crisis or emergency;
· Develop a Volunteer Training Manual and conduct at least three volunteer training sessions annually;
· Promote the volunteer program and the organization in a manner which nurtures and grows community support;
· Administer and review policies and procedures related to the volunteer programs and research and implement ideas for improvement and efficiency;
· Design monthly volunteer newsletters and coordinate volunteer activities;
· Collaborate with various committees and organizations at the discretion of the Executive Director;
· Maintain sensitivity and awareness of issues related to diversity;
· Empower individuals in times of need and maintain team morale;
· Handle complex situations and manage multiple tasks and crisis situations;
· Track and maintain volunteer hours for grant purposes;
· Gather and maintain statistical data on all client contacts in a timely manner;
· Become certified as a victim service provider in the state of South Carolina.
People Against Rape is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment, or bias based upon a person's ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ability status, veteran status, or marital status.